What is SpiffWorkflow?¶
Spiff Workflow is a workflow engine implemented in pure Python. It is based on the excellent work of the Workflow Patterns initiative. Its main design goals are the following:
- Directly support as many of the patterns of workflowpatterns.com as possible.
- Map those patterns into workflow elements that are easy to understand by a user in a workflow GUI editor.
- Provide a clean Python API.
You can find a list of supported workflow patterns in Features.
In addition, Spiff Workflow provides a parser and workflow emulation layer that can be used to create executable Spiff Workflow specifications from Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) documents. See Overview of BPMN.
Spiff Workflow is published under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) Version 3.
- The Basics
- Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- Tutorial - Non-BPMN
- Implementing Custom Tasks
- Internal Details